I am a registered with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (# 5301) and have worked in a variety of settings including counselling clinics, addictions treatment programs, and my private practice where I work with adults, teens, and children.
My education includes a degree in psychology from the University of British Columbia and a graduate degree in Counselling Psychology from City University Seattle. I am a big believer in life-long learning and attend workshops and training regularly to keep my practice current. I have additional training in:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- The Satir model
- Attachment-Based Therapies
How Counselling Can Benefit You
Other times it is not a specific concern that leads you or your family member to counselling, but rather wanting to move forward when feeling stuck, unable to reach goals, wanting to enhance relationships, improve communication, or to better understand your or your child's behaviour.
Counselling is effective for both addressing specific concerns and enhancing well-being. Contact me for for free telephone consultation or to schedule an appointment to find out how counselling can benefit you and your family.
I have been promoting positive change and wellness through counselling for 15 years. My approach is warm, collaborative, strength-based and your goals and the pace of counselling will be determined by you and your comfort level.
My Areas of Practice Include:
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Suicidal Ideation and non-suicidal self injury (cutting)
- Self-esteem and self-worth
- Parent child/teen relationships
- Parenting issues including acting out children and teen
- Consultation for parenting children with ADHD, FASD, Autism
- Abuse and trauma recovery
- Alcohol and Drug misuse/addiction
- Gender Identity, Sexuality, and LGBTQ issues
- Difficult transitions such as Separation and Divorce
- Stress Management and Work-Life Balance